This organization is trying to keep us informed on issues at the state level.
Virginia’s General Assembly will meet in January 2019 for a 30-day legislative session. During that legislative session, your representatives will discuss roughly 2000 bills and pass a new set of laws, which will shape Virginia’s future. With well-timed engagement, Virginians can have an enormous effect on the outcome of those legislative decisions. Sign up today for our alerts below to get up-to-date information on what’s happening in each issue area and to see how you can get involved! We have people on the ground monitoring the General Assembly’s activities and will send you concise, real-time updates. With just a few focused actions, we can shape a better Virginia together.
Besides the Governor’s office, there are two branches of Virginia state government making up the General Assembly; the House of Delegates and the Senate. Go to the Who’s My Legislator site and type in your address to find out who your representatives are.
Virginia House of Delegates
The Delegate for the 23rd District is (R) T. Scott Garrett
The Delegate for the 22rd District is (R) Kathy J. Bryron
Here is a link to all of the Members of the General Assembly.
Probably the most important link to understanding and keeping track of state government is the Virginia’s Legislative Information System website. Here you can do all of the following.
- Bills & Resolutions: Status of individual bills and related information
- General Assembly Members: Member sponsored legislation
- Standing Committees: Legislation referred to committee
- State Budget: Budget bills, committees and summaries
- Daily Floor Calendars: Legislative agendas
- Communications: Legislation communicated between houses
- House Minutes / Senate Minutes: Record of floor sessions
- Meetings: House and Senate committee meeting schedule
- Statistics: Session statistics
- Lobbyist-in-a-Box: Subscription-based bill tracking service
- Cumulative Index: Subject index of bills and resolutions
District 19 of the Virginia Senate is a senatorial district made up of part of Bedford County, Carroll County, Floyd County, part of Franklin County, part of Montgomery County, part of Roanoke County, and part of Wythe County as well as the whole of Salem in the U.S. state of Virginia. This district is currently represented by Ralph K. Smith.
District 23 of the Virginia Senate is a senatorial district made up of parts of Bedford County, Campbell County, Roanoke County, and Lynchburg, as well as all of Botetourt County, Craig County, and Roanoke County in the U.S. state of Virginia. This district is currently represented by Stephen Newman.