- Pick a topic
- Write a letter. You can also write your Congressmen or Senators directly through their websites and mailed via paper and stamp to their office. I would suggest when you compose a letter that you do both; submit it to newspapers and your elected representatives.
- Send on a Thursday for the following week
- Submit to all four newspapers
- Jobs and the economy
- Energy and the environment
- Climate change
- Equal rights and voting
- National security
- Health care
- Women’s health
- Reasons you support the Democrats?
- Money and politics
Submit your letters to:
- Lynchburg News and Advance – 375 word limit
- Roanoke Times – 375 word limit
- Smith Mountain Eagle – 375 word limit
- Bedford Bulletin
send your text email directly to Tom Wilmoth firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of the papers will let you write one letter a month. Stick to the issues. Have someone else read it before you send it out. Let’s elevate the discussion!
Recently Submitted Letters
Below are links to letters to the editors of our major newspapers that members of our committee have recently written. Good opportunity to learn even more of why it makes sense to support Hillary.
- Letter April 28 – Hillary’s Honesty
- Letter July 10 – Nation Needs Clinton
- Letter July 15 – Climate Change
- Letter July 20 – Health Care
- Letter July 25 – The Democratic Party’s Contributions
- Letter August 1 – To Newly Registered Voters
- Letter August 5 – The Republican National Convention
- Letter August 8 – The Democratic National Convention
- Letter August 20 – Support for Women and Children
- Letter Sept 11 – Trump can’t fix anything