You are eligible to register to vote if you are:
- a citizen of the United States
- at least 18 years of age by the next general election
- a resident of Virginia
- if you have been convicted of a felony, your voting rights must be restored and you must provide proof of restoration
- you must not be currently judged by a circuit court to be mentally incompetent
- not registered and plan to vote in another state
You can register or check on your voter status at register online here.
To get your voting rights restored contact the office below.
Bedford County Registrar’s Office
321 North Bridge Street Suite 200 (on the second floor of Bedford’s Main Library)
Bedford, VA 24523
Hours 9 -5 pm M-F
Once you register, we are encouraging everyone to vote early in person.